Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Am I Crazy....Marathon

I think I may be a little bit crazy, but I am considering running a MARATHON!!!!! My friend gave me a book the other day called Marathon...You Can do it, written by Jeff Galloway! After she gave me that book, I thought well I guess I will try and see if I can run a marathon. I will have run 5 possibly 6 half marathons at that time in the past 2 years and I want to see if I can challenge my body even more. These are some of the Marathons I am debating about right now. I do not want to go very far to run one and I do not want to pay an outrageous amount of money either.

1. White Rock Dallas Marathon- Very possible option
2. Rock N Roll San Antonio- Not to sure of all the hills whenever I am used to training on flat ground. 
3. Houston Marathon- Depending on lottery chance
4. Rock N Roll Dallas Marathon- I have ran Rock N Roll Dallas half and I loved it. 


At this time I am not sure just yet. I am hoping to train with a friend of mine who runs ultra marathons and possibly see if he will run it with me. Am I crazy for thinking about this though!

I am currently training for my half marathon coming up in December...Run Girl Run 13.1. I am training in Vibrams, but I am not sure if my feet will be ready for a half marathon in a them or not, so I am having to switch back and forth between the Vibrams and regular running shoes.

Am I crazy though? I am going to need a lot of encouragement to run a full marathon! That is really going to push my mind and body to its limits.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

If you believe you can do it....YOU CAN :)

Morgan said...

I don't think you are crazy! You can do whatever you put your mind to! Go for it!

Rach said...

Oh girl, you can totally do it!

Karen Seal said...

You could totally do it! Just fyi, there is no Rock and Roll Dallas Full, it's just a half! :0)

Kayla said...

Karen, I saw that after I posted it. Oh well.