Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Am I Crazy....Marathon

I think I may be a little bit crazy, but I am considering running a MARATHON!!!!! My friend gave me a book the other day called Marathon...You Can do it, written by Jeff Galloway! After she gave me that book, I thought well I guess I will try and see if I can run a marathon. I will have run 5 possibly 6 half marathons at that time in the past 2 years and I want to see if I can challenge my body even more. These are some of the Marathons I am debating about right now. I do not want to go very far to run one and I do not want to pay an outrageous amount of money either.

1. White Rock Dallas Marathon- Very possible option
2. Rock N Roll San Antonio- Not to sure of all the hills whenever I am used to training on flat ground. 
3. Houston Marathon- Depending on lottery chance
4. Rock N Roll Dallas Marathon- I have ran Rock N Roll Dallas half and I loved it. 


At this time I am not sure just yet. I am hoping to train with a friend of mine who runs ultra marathons and possibly see if he will run it with me. Am I crazy for thinking about this though!

I am currently training for my half marathon coming up in December...Run Girl Run 13.1. I am training in Vibrams, but I am not sure if my feet will be ready for a half marathon in a them or not, so I am having to switch back and forth between the Vibrams and regular running shoes.

Am I crazy though? I am going to need a lot of encouragement to run a full marathon! That is really going to push my mind and body to its limits.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

If you believe you can do it....YOU CAN :)

Morgan said...

I don't think you are crazy! You can do whatever you put your mind to! Go for it!

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Oh girl, you can totally do it!

Karen said...

You could totally do it! Just fyi, there is no Rock and Roll Dallas Full, it's just a half! :0)

Kayla said...

Karen, I saw that after I posted it. Oh well.