Monday, June 14, 2010

Race Recaps and a new Running Skirt!!!!!!

It has been a while since I have updated here. Things have been crazy with the end of the school year, beginning of the summer and last races. In May I ran 2 last races. The first one was called the Athlete's Corner 3 Miler. 

I ran this one with my sister-in-law! This race was only 3 miles, so it was not a true 5K, but they were having sales after the race on running shoes inside the store. This race was very very very hot. I was having flashbacks from the 4th of July 4 miler. I had to stop once because of how hot it was and because I did not want to run myself ragged.
After the race Karen and I went underneath the shade to cool ourselves off. I was scared to walk inside right after the race because of how cold it was in there. I did not want my body to go into shock. It was a good race, but it was very humid and hot!
You can tell by my face how hot it was. My face was burning after the race! It was a great race to run with Karen! I love whenever we get to run together!
****************************************************************
Astro's Race for the Pennant 5K

We ran this race in Houston and it was a great race! We were not sure what to expect about this one. We knew that we were getting to run for Karen's favorite baseball team and a team that I like. We also got free tickets to an Astro's game and a great weekend full of fun family times!
We got to take a picture with Junction Jack. He had his friends there with him too! We got lined up for the race and we decided to stay together for this race because we both had not ran that much. As we were coming up on the .5 mile mark we noticed this huge hill. We not only was there that one hill but there were 3 MORE HUGE HILLS! Turns out we will running up and down overpasses. If you looked over the side you saw all the Houston traffic. Those hills were not fun. Infront of us, it looked like little ants with how many people were running the race.
We had to weave in and out a whole bunch, but it was not to bad.
We got to run into the tunnel into the stadium. It was a very steep ramp, but it was cool to run onto the field. Well....not exactly on the field. We were not allowed on the grass, but they had tons of water along the race route and it was very very organized! We found Brian and Jason in the stands. Thank goodness they found us too!
We decided to take some fun pictures after the race. Can you guess who is real and who is fake in this picture? We had Cheesecake factory, this race, Galleria, Disney store and fun times with families. It can never get better than that!
*******************************************************************
I GOT A NEW RUNNING SKIRT!!!!!!!!!!!
My junior high teacher got this for me for my highschool/college graduation. I just graduated from college in 2009, but I graduated college in 2005. She said that since she missed my high school graduation as well as college that she would buy this skirt for me as a gift! I was so amazed, because I did not think I was going to be able to get one. I got it in today and tried it on! It fit so great and I loved it!
I can not wait to run in it! Hopefully sometime this week when it is not blistering hot outside.

Check out this giveaway for Wooha Gear . These shirts and other merchandise are great are great!

No comments: