Thursday, December 23, 2010

Walt Disney World Recap...

2 weeks ago Brian and I went to Walt Disney World for our Christmas vacation. We probably won't be going on another vacation for a little while, but we wanted to go at Christmas time to Disney really bad. I am going to recap our vacation in pictures mainly, so I hope you enjoy. These are just a few pictures that I picked out. I took over 2,000 pictures though.

All our bags are packed and TJ too. Milly (my dog) left that Wed. before with my parents. We decided to drive to Disney instead of flying. We actually saved a good bit of money driving vs. flying.
We made it to Disney and we stayed in the "Love Bug" section of All Star Movies. It was really cute. This was the trophy that Herbie earned in his race.
We got to Disney on Sunday and after we turned our luggage in and was all check in, we headed to EPCOT, which my husband calls EGPOT and always has.
It was so cold that day, but it was supposed to be getting even colder. We found Mickey and Minnie in a bunch of poinsettas.
Brian and I waited in line to see Mickey, Minnie and Goofy. We also got a free 5x7 from waiting in line to take this picture.
We went around to many of the different countries and we found Santa and Mrs. Clause. I think we were the only adults waiting in line to see them. When Santa asked me what I wanted I told him...a new house. He then asked me where he needed to send it and I told him the state that we lived in. haha

It had started to sprinkle (thank goodness that is all it did), so I put on my disney raincoat and found a Cookies and Cream ice cream sandwhich. I love these and have gotten one each time I have gone.
Brian and I ate at Garden Grill and it is our favorite place to eat. When Mickey came around, he took a picture with me and started to pull me away with him and waved goodbye to Brian.
After we ate at Garden Grill we had reservations for the Candlelight Processional with STEVEN CURTIS CHAPMAN!!!!! He is my favorite all time artist. I was so excited that the week we were going he was going to be there! It was the most incredible production I have ever seen. They sing many different Christmas songs and during that the speaker reads The Christmas Story.
The next day we went to MGM (Holywood Studios). Last time we went, we didn't get to see The Incredibles because the line was to long, but this time we decided to wait in line to see them!
Brian found one of the toy soldiers from Toy Story 1,2, and 3 next in the Pixar/Disney area.
After that, we went and saw Lights, Motor, Action. We did not get to see this last time and now we did. It was a very cool show and I would definetly go watch it again.
For lunch we ate at 50's Prime Time Cafe. It was good food, but I was not impressed by our waiter. He wasn't horrible, but I liked the lady on the other side better. He just was not as outgoing as what I was expecting. If I had to eat there again I would, but I would not sit in his section. It was a really cute restraunt. What they are supposed to do is basically be like your old fashioned mom and dad. They tell you to keep your elbows off of the table, and you don't get up without excusing yourself or ask to go to the restroom, etc.
That night after some Fantasmic (pictures to come from that later) we went to the Osborne Spetacle of Dancing Lights. It was fabulous! They have millions of lights here covering the buildings and on top. When they play different songs, the lights light up to the music. It is amazing!
I know it is hard to see, but we found the umbrella from "Dancing in the Rain", so we had to take pictures with it.
It was simply amazing and I have never seen anything that compares to it! Hopefully one day I will be able to go back and see it again!
I will leave you with a few pictures of the next couple of days to keep you curious. 

I know it is a lot of pictures, but I just love taking pictures so much. I hope you enjoyed my recap so far. Stay tuned for more pictures to come. 


QOTD: What is your favorite Christmas vacation or traveling spot?

2 comments:

Karen Seal said...

You know WHY Brian calls it EGG-POT?! lol It's because when I was little, I couldn't say EPCOT so I always called it EGG-POT...lol It's been a family joke ever since! :0) Great pictures!

Kayla said...

haha Yeah I remember him telling me something like that a while back. That is too funny!