Thursday, November 10, 2011

Survive WW 3.5 Mud Run

This past Saturday, I completed the 2nd Annual Survive WW3.5 Mud Run. This time around I ran with my sister-in-law and a friend that I work with! We had a blast! There was not as much mud this time around, but it beyond fun and the obstacles were way harder than last time. Be aware, there are MANY pictures to come......

 Before the race ready to run and get muddy! 
 Karen, Lorie, Alexis and I ready to get down and dirty! 
 This was my first race to run in my vibrams. I had to cut my socks so that I could get my feet into the toes. The race was awesome and my feet did not come out of the shoes at all! 
 Karen and I before the race! This was her first mud run. 
 Waiting at the start line to go! There were so many different costumes. We were the Mighty Morphin  Power Rangers. 
And were off! 
 One of the first obstacles. This one was not to bad. 
 There was a trench before this obstacle and Karen lost not one, but two shoes in it. I was grateful my shoes did not come off. 

 Brian caught us as we were running away from an obstacle. 
 Before we went into the freezing cold trench! When I saw freezing, I mean FREEZING COLD WATER! 
 Some people went flying into the water and I almost did, but I wanted to get the picture on the other side and they had to see your number. 

 I am grateful it did not come above my head this time like at the last run. 

 Our legs felt like needles were stabbing them because it was so cold. 


 I was so upset at myself for this obstacle. You had to climb up the tube and then climb on the monkey bars across. I made it halfway across, but the bars kept turning and it was killing my wrist! I can tell I am so much stronger from doing Insanity though. 
 The very last obstacle. It was fun, but I wish there was more mud. However, there has been a severe drought in SETX and any water that is on the ground gets soaked up so quickly! 

 We decided that rather than walking through, we would just DIVE right in.....And so WE DID!!!!!! 
 This is one of my favorite pictures from the race! I LOVE IT! 
 Laughing, but still had a great time! 

 We found Crystal who I work with. She ran in the wave after us. 
 Nice, muddy, power rangers. 
 I finished. Muddy and All and loved it. 
 Now it is time to get rinsed off and changed. My one mistake was that when I was changing in the port o potty I left my medal in there, but somebody actually found it and is mailing it to me. How random and AWESOME is that! 
 After race food. So bad, but so beyond good! 
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers with our Morphing Coins! We are ready to morph! 

Overall, this race was awesome and I want to do it again. I have my sights set on the next Mud Run they do as well as the Warrior Dash right now! I am waiting for the professional pictures to come and then I will post those! 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Running and Insanity News
I am still going insanity. This week I am a couple of days past 2 weeks. According to the Fit Test I progressed about 5-10 different reps more than the first Fit Test. I have not missed any days and as well as that I registered for my 5th half marathon last week. The Run Girl 13.1 Half Marathon! 

2 comments:

Morgan said...

That looks like so much fun! Sorry it was cold :(

Mudrunner said...

Yeah, That's really fun. Congratulation for you did it well. Good job!