Saturday, February 12, 2011

Time to GO!!!!

That is right, in just 24 hours from now, I will be running the Rock N Roll Mardi Gras in New Orleans! I am really excited. I have been helping some friends train for a 5K, so I haven't gotten as many runs in as I would like to at my speed, but that is okay, becuase this race I plan to take slow. No PR for me, and no time that I want to finish at. I just want to finish this race for me.

My sister-in-law Karen is running for the American Cancer Society. She raised a ton of money and I am really proud of her for it.

Next time you hear from me, I will be wearing this around my neck.....


I am really excited to get this, however it won't say Inaugural on it. It will just be for the half marathon. Ya'll be thinking and praying for me out there. Going to the EXPO today to get my running packet and then a Pasta Party tonight and then the HALF Marathon tomorrow morning!

5 comments:

Brooke Anna @ Mommy Does... said...

Good Luck! I'm from Louisiana, soooo I will be sitting back and enjoying some Community Coffee and a slice of King Cake (which I totally don't need ;D) I live in Texas now and my Mom is in La. visiting family. She bought me a King Cake (my kids and fiance' have NEVER had one) And my Community Coffee should come in the mail anyday.

GOOD LUCK! And the colors are gonna look GREAT around your neck!

One Crazy Penguin said...

You're going to rock it!

Anonymous said...

Good luck for you and I will say a prayer! you will do great and I can't wait to read your recap

misszippy said...

Best of luck! Enjoy the day.

Kayla said...

Thanks ladies! I had a blast and just made it back home a little bit ago! I got my bling bling and will have a full recap coming soon!