Thursday, December 8, 2011

Half Marathon #5 Checklist

In just a couple of days I will be running my 5th Half Marathon. I am making this checklist partly so that I can remember what I am supposed to bring with me. Brian is going to get to come with me to watch and help get around. I hate driving in new places that I do not know, and I especially hate driving in Houston, so Brian is going to help me out there.

I am staying with my friend and I am so excited to see her. It has been almost a year since I have seen or been able to hang out with her. We went to school together and then she was also one of my bridesmaids. We graduated with the same degree (Elementary Ed) and both teach 2nd Grade, but in different schools.


Let's see, where to start my checklist....


  • Address for Packet Pickup.
  • Address for the Race site. 
  • Registration for race
  • Running Skirt
  • Running tights
  • long sleeve shirt/top shirt
  • ear warmer
  • gloves
  • socks
  • sports bra
  • Running Shoes
  • Spi Belt 
  • Yurbud Headphones
  • Big and Small Camera
  • Phone
  • Body Glide
  • Sport Beans (just incase)- I want to do this race without anything extra except water/gatorade, but I am nervous about it all the same. I have been training without all the extra items, but I am going to carry some, just incase. 
  • Garmin Watch
All of my swag I will be getting. I am super excited about these items. 
Off the top of my head that is all that I can think of. I feel like I have not raced in so long so I am scared that I am going to forget something. Hopefully that is everything. 

*What is your must have item for your long races?* 
My bling that I will be getting on Sunday. 
This will be my first freezing cold race. According to Weatherbug it is supposed to be a high of 52 on Sunday and a low of 35. It should be an interesting race. I am not looking to PR in this race because I have been so busy with school it has been hard to get some training in, but I am really excited to just finish. 
378841_255575834499024_108571192532823_694739_87377667_n.jpg
I am a little sad about this weekend and that is because I am having to give my puppy dog to my parents so that they can take care of her for Brian and I. I am going to miss her!! 

Mommy, why are you leaving me?

*How many of you have half marathons or races this weekend?*

I will have a full recap next week after my race hopefully, but that is also my last week of school before the Christmas Holidays! ( *jumping up and down doing the happy dance*) :0) 


4 comments:

Elle said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. All of that swag and the medal are just gorgeous!

I am sure you puppy will be fine and think how happy she will be to see you when you come get her!

All the best...

Will look forward to reading the recap!

Running With The Girls said...

That is some awesome race swag!!! Best of luck!

Suz and Allan said...

Good luck! Have a great time!

I'm seriously jealous of the race swag. That's pretty amazing stuff!

ImTheMarigold said...

No races for me this weekend, but maybe a regular run. It it has been weeks since I actually went outside and stretched my legs. Best of luck!