It has been a really long past few weeks of pretty much not getting on the computer at all! I was so excited when I got home one day and saw that I had been nominated for the Stylish Blogger Award by Ros over at Life's a Weeze.
You should check out her blog, because she just finished her first half marathon in DISNEY while running with asthma! A true insperation!
Okay, now on to the rules......
Here are the Rules for the Stylish Award:
-Make this a post and link back to the person who gave the award to you
-Share 7 things about yourself
-Award 5 great bloggers.
-Contact the bloggers to tell them they've won!
Well let's start with 7 things:
What can I tell you about myself...hmmm....
1. I love love love to swim! I used to have a pool growing up and I was in it almost every day. Then whenever hurrican Rita hit, it destroyed my pool and my parents had to fill it in. I was so upset about this. Now my brother has a pool but he lives an hour away. My parents used to call me a fish because I was always in the pool and whenever they would tell me to come in I would get so upset because I did not want to!
|My brother, sister-in-law and nieces in their pool.|
2. I have the best family in the world. My brother's may be annoying every once in a while, but I still love them. My parents have always supported me in everything. It is very hard to get my family together at one time, so whenever we can get together we try to jump on it.
|My whole family in one place at one time! This is not easy to do.|
3. I have never drank/been drunk. I grew up in a very small town, so I knew a lot about drinking, but I never drank and it was NEVER my scene. I do not like the taste of beer/alcohol and do not like what it does to people. There are other ways to have fun besides doing that.
4. Chocolate is my weakness. I love TURTLES chocolate. Brian knows what to get me for Valentines day, anniversary and any other holiday. The only bad thing is that I will eat them all in one day if he would let me. That is not very good.
|This was from our first anniversary. He did very good!|
5. I will be running two half marathons in one month this month. They will be two weeks about and I am very nervous about that. Not very many people would try to do that, but I am going to be the weird one and try it. I am going to be running The Gusher Half Marathon and the Rock N Roll Dallas Half Marathon. I am running one of the half marathons by myself for the first time and the Dallas half I am running with my sister-in-law Karen.
|Gusher Half Marathon|
|Rock N Roll Dallas Half Marathon|
6. I love to be outside playing sports, running, playing basketball, riding the 4-wheeler. Anything you can think of I could be doing it outside. Whenever I was in high school I would used to go outside and throw my volleyball on my parents roof and then pass/set/serve it back and forth onto the roof. (The lovely times of your brothers being away at college). I have gone outside and graded papers before whenever it is really nice. Especially now whenever it is starting to turn into spring time (slowly, but surely).
7. I have grown up being very active my entire life, but I also had a lot of problems whenever I was little. Check out this blog post to read more about it. Faith and Fighting
I have worked through having slight asthma into running 2 half marathons now and getting ready to run 3 more. It has been hard, but every half is a battle for me to just keep going.
Enough about me. Now who to choose to get the Stylish Blogger Award. I love all the blogs that I read, but here are the ones that I choose.....
- Alyssa G. over at Against the Tide. She is a very dear friend of mine who is in the Peace Corps right now and will hopefully be coming home soon. I miss her.
- April S. over at April Shelton. She is newly married and learning how to be married.
- Morgan at Becoming Rooks. She has amazing recipes that she puts up and I love reading her blog.
- Sheri at Running through Life. I thought it was neat that we have the same blog name.
- Casey at Running 2 Disney, because she is training hard for a 10K and she will do it with all of our support!
Coming up within the next couple of days will be my 2nd recap from the Mardi Gras Half Marathon. I probably should try and finish it before my next half marathon this coming Saturday haha
Check out this cool giveaway that Sheri is doing over at Running through Life.