Saturday, July 23, 2011

Another Half in my Future

I just got the word from my amazing husband, that..................................................................................... he is going to let me
run another half marathon!!! 

Woooohooooo!!! I am so beyond excited! 

I am going to be running the Rungirl 13.1 in Houston! It is a women's only half marathon in December! Hopefully there will be great weather too! I have been trying to find a few half marathons that are close by and this one is so close and it is super cheap for a half marathon. Yes, there are other ones that I would love to do, but they are not an option right now! 


It is not on august 21, like this one says. It is a different day, but I am still really excited about this race. I am going to be running the mud run in November and then this one a month later! I can actually start getting back on a training plan now. I have been slacking quite a bit, since I didn't have any goal races in my mind. I have been dying to run another half, but because of knee problems and trying to find a job, I had to cut back.

But..........

Now that I know what is wrong with my knee and I have a job, I am going to get back into it! Thank you Lord. I can not thank him enough for all the blessings he has been giving me lately. On top of this being a girls only race, I am trying to think of what I can wear that will be cute and girly! This might be a good opportunity to buy a new running skirt.....hmmmmmmm!!! haha (But which one??) 


On that note, I am going to go run an easy 3 miles! I just downloaded Selena Gomez's new album, so I can listen to that too! 


Question: 
Has anybody ever ran this race before? If so, what did you think of it? 

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Fun! I'm committed to running White Rock this year, which is the weekend before this, otherwise I'd definitely be running this too!!! (My parents are in Houston).

Kayla said...

Jenny, I would love to run White rock, but that is a little too far away for me to go right now! I want to run that one day. My husband has family there.

Monika @ Monika's Miles said...

Ooh! I wasn't planning on racing another half this year, but you may just have inspired me to sign up too!

Karen Seal said...

I thought I left a comment here but I don't see it so maybe I didn't! lol
The race looks like a ton of fun!!! Hope your training goes well! :0)