Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fruit Dip Recipe and Calorie Meals

Over the July 4th weekend I made a very yummy recipe that is super easy to make for get togethers or parties and very quick. You pair it with a bunch of different fruit and it is beyond yummy. You will probably have trouble pulling yourself away from it, like I did!!

Ingredients:

*1 Jar Marshmallow Cream (if you can not find Marshmallow Cream you can use 1 package large marshmallows)
*1- 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
*1 package of Marshmallows or jar of Marshmallow Cream to 1 container of Cream cheese
Cream cheese

Marshmallow Cream




















Directions:

1. I put the cream cheese in the microwave for 20 seconds if I am in a rush and it is not softened, but you can just leave it out on the counter until it is softened if you want too.
2. Remove the cream cheese from it's container and put it in a bowl.
3. Add the marshmallow cream and blend together either using a hand held mixer or a stand alone mixer.
4. Make sure you have removed most of the bumps in it and Viola, it is finished!!

******If you are using marshmallows you will have to cook those in the microwave first to soften them and then add the cream cheese and mix. Either way it is very simple and taste delicious!!

I beyond love fresh fruit!!! 
Pair it with some delicious cut up fruit and you will be tempted to stay there for hours. :0)

*Sidenote: If you use the marshmallows and you want to cool the dip down, then you can put it in the icebox, but it will harden somewhat and you will need to stick it in the microwave for around 20 seconds to be able to stir it up. For this particular recipe I used 2 packages of cream cheese and 2 bags of Marshmallows.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I have been slacking on what I have been eating with my calorie intake. I have been doing 1,500 calories now and I have already lost 2 pounds in 2 weeks and can feel a difference in how some of my clothes are fitting and how I feel.

I left off on July 2nd breakfast, so I will update from there to today. Then hopefully I will be back on track for a week at a time. I do not have pictures for everything, I need to get better at taking those.

July 2nd: 
Lunch:
Homemade Shrimp Etouffee
1 bottle of water

Mid Evening Snack:

YoGreek Yogurt- Blueberry with Granola

Dinner: Spinach and Chicken in a Cream Sauce with angle hair pasta and 2 garlic rolls

July 3rd: 
Breakfast:

Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage patties
1/4 cup egg whites and two butterball turkey bacon pieces
Trop 50 Orange juice

Lunch:

Schlotzsky's Deli - Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich - Small Bun, 1 small sandwich

Dinner: 
McCallisters Grilled Chicken Salad with Balsalmic Vinnegerette dressing
1/2 and 1/2 Sweet Tea

July 4th
Breakfast:
Bananna
Then we ate at Crackle Barrel and I had 1 scrambled egg, 2 pieces of bacon, 1 turkey sausage patty and a glass or Orange juice and water. Oh and 1 piece of toast.

Dinner: 
Homemade Turkey Burger
1/4th  Piece of Sausage
Homemade Grilled Vegetable Skewer
 2 homemade chocolate chip cookies
1/2 chocolate dipped pretzel
(Can you believe it, but I was still under my calorie limit!!! Woohooo Go Me!!!!!

July 5th
Breakfast:
Turkey Bacon, Turkey sausage, and egg whites

Lunch:
Whole Wheat hoagie bun with turkey, mayonnaise, lettuce and dried cranberries. So yummy!!!

Dinner:

Morning Star Spicy Black Bean Burger with whole wheat bun, mustard, lettuce, dill hamburger slices and sweet potato fries.
2 Homemade Chocolate Chip cookies

Evening Snack: 1 small peach

July 6th: 
Breakfast:
Same as above

Lunch:
100 calorie pack of Chocolate covered pretzels
1/2 cup whole natural almonds

Dinner: 
This was so yummy. You have to try this recipe at some point:
Chunck Light Tuna in Water with a spicy tunafish mixing with it.
Lettuce, Tomato, whole wheat flour tortilla
Made into a wrap.
Betty Crocker Suddenly Pasta Original

July 7th
Breakfast: 
Betty Crocker Wild Blueberry Muffin

Lunch: 
Oscar Myers Hot Dog with mustard
Dole, no sugar added red grapefruit
Betty Crocker Suddenly pasta original

Dinner: Same thing as above: Tunafish Wrap
2 Homemade Chocolate chip cookies

Evening Snack:
Yoplait Strawberry Banana Smoothie

July 8th
Breakfast:
2 pieces: Turkey Sausage, Turkey bacon, 1/4 cup egg whites

Lunch: 
Tyson grilled and ready chicken breast strips
Multi grain tortilla and 1/4 cup shredded mexican cheese

Mid Evening Snack: 
Red Seedless Grapes

Dinner: 
Homemade Baked Catfish
Birdseye Steamfresh Broccoli
Sweet Potato Fries

I probably shouldn't have done this, but I went and had a nice hard/long 2 mile run and swam about 30-40 minutes in a pool after I ate, but it felt great to get out there and it was nice and windy. You probably can not tell though because of how red my face is....
So I decided to treat myself with....

Dessert: 
Bryers Vanilla Fat Free Ice Cream
Smuckers Magic Shell Chocolate




That brings me up to date to today. I will update again next week. Thanks for sticking with me if you read this far. I promise I will try and have more pictures next week, so it is not just a bunch of words you are starring at. :0) 

I also have exciting news that I will be sharing within the next couple of days, so keep checking back for that!!! 

Enjoy the recipe above. It is so very good! :0) 

7 comments:

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

That recipe sounds perfect for me--sweet and creamy. Plus, a great way to get in fruit at a get together!
:)

Kayla said...

I am glad you like it Vanessa!! It is very delicious!!! You can also do other fruit with it, but that is the fruit that I figured most people would like. :0)

Megan said...

Those meals look awesome!! I wanted to tell you: I got the medal in the mail from the virtual 5K. Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into doing that. It was so kind of you! I even blogged about it.

Kayla said...

Your welcome Megan!! I am glad you liked it!!

Monika @ Monika's Miles said...

All this food talk leaves me hungry every time I read your blog. I have to make sure I eat right before I read it, or read it right before I'm about to eat. Everything looks great though!!

Karen Seal said...

You won a copy of the My Calorie Counter Guide! Email me your mailing address so I can forward it to Everyday Health! :0)
kren2700@gmail.com

Kayla said...

Thank you Karen!! I am excited about being able to use it!!! !
Thank you Monika!!! I am doing it to help myself stay accountable!! Most of the stuff is healthy and underneath my calorie goal!!