Friday, July 15, 2011

I have GREAT News!!!!

I have not said a whole lot about my career on my blog, because I haven't not been able to do what I am certified in for two LONG years. I graduated a couple of years ago with an elementary teaching degree and at the time that I graduated was when the teacher crunch hit. It was horrible. I subbed and applied to so many different schools I lost count.
My family at my graduation.
I thought in my heart that God was going to place me in the school in my home town, but he obviously had many other different plans. I subbed there for 3 long term subbing positions and had a few opportunities to teach, but I was not certified for any of those positions. So I had to pass up those positions. It was not where God wanted me and he kept putting obstacle after obstacle in my way to show me that.

Whenever Brian and I finally moved a little ways away from my home town I started applying to all the school around me here and wouldn't you know it I got 4 different interviews.
We were both so excited that I graduated!
The first interview I thought might happen, but didn't. The second I knew was not going to happen. the interview went HORRIBLE!! The panel did not talk at all. The third interview I did not really consider an interview, but it was amazing and I was just waiting to hear. And then, the final interview went great, but I didn't hear anything from it.
This has all happened over the course of the summer.
Brian's Family at my graduation. 
2 weeks ago I got a call from my third interview place and they offered me the 2nd grade job that they had there! I did not even think twice! I immediately started jumping up and down and said YES!!!!!

I made it!! Finally!!! 
It is a charter school and I do not know all that much about the school just yet because it is brand new, but I have lots of training coming up all over the place, so hopefully I will learn something. I am not even sure about my room yet, because it is not ready for me to put anything in there. Kinda scary for those of you out there that are teachers.
I am excited about it though, because God saved this job for me for 2 years and if HE can bring me to it, then HE can bring me through it!

That is my exciting news though, and I promise to share more as I find out more that I can share! We are so excited to finally be able to start saving up for a house now! :0)

5 comments:

Megan said...

Yaaaahoooo!!! Congrats on your job!! So excited for you. You looked so pretty on your graduation day.

I am SO antsy because my classroom isn't waxed yet, so I can't start working in it yet. But-- if you saw my entry yesterday, I just found out what I'm teaching and also got to see my classroom, which I love.

Morgan said...

I am so excited for you! What an amazing opportunity!

Monika @ Monika's Miles said...

Yay!! Congratulations that's a great achievement to finally be able to claim! I can't wait to read all about your job and your kids. Time to celebrate with some awesome food - by the way, I bought YoGreek because of you.

Kayla said...

Thank you Megan!!! My classroom is not ready at all! I can currently see the airducts in my classroom, so I am incredibly antsy because I do not know what I need or what I can buy yet! That is awesome that you got to see your entry. What will you be teaching?

Thank you Morgan!!

Monika- Thank you! I am excited to be able to write about my journey through this. I am so glad you bought YoGreek. Do you love it???

Karen Seal said...

Congrats! I'm glad a door finally opened for you!! :0) God knew just what He was doing!