Monday, August 29, 2011

Back to School Virtual 5K

Alright everybody, I am going to host another Virtual 5K. Since I started back teaching last week I thought it only fitting that I did a Back to School Virtual 5K. It will be from this Friday, September 2nd through Monday, September 5th.

You can run this race while you are doing a long run, just make sure to check your time. You can ride your bike, run on a treadmill, or run outside. I know it is hot, so however you do it to get 3 miles in, just make sure you are timing it.


I have been putting in a lot of time at school the past two weeks. I have put in over 14 days straight worth of being at the school/work. I worked both Saturdays and I have not had a chance to run at all! I am needing some encouragement and motivation to get going again on my schedule. 

Also, today I was going to go run, but there was a heat advisory out. The temperature was 100 degrees and the feel was 110 degrees! Crazy, huh!!!! Gotta love that TEXAS heat!! 

So here are the guidelines: 

1. You need to tell me in a comment that you are going to participate in it.

2. Post your finish time and blog about it (recap). 

3. Spread the word......post on twitter, blog or facebook that you are going to participate in it before you run the 5K. 

4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!!!!! 

5. Last but not least 
HAVE FUN!!!!! 

Each person will get a bib to wear for the race and will get a finishers certificate after you post your time. 

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Count me in!!!

Monika @ Monika's Miles said...

I'm in! PS - I ran today in the heat... Waited until it was dusk and the temp was just below 100 but I'm so ready for the heat to get down to a "normal" temp!

Ros said...

I'm in! I'll tweet and facebook about it too!

Megan said...

Let's DO this! I loved your Beat the Heat 5K!! I especially loved my bib and medal!!

Prudence said...

How fun!! I'm almost Back to School, but since we had a horrible here in Vermont, our school isn't starting until after Labor Day (we were suppose to open Tuesday). Anyway, I'm in!!

Kayla said...

Awesome Prudence. I am so excited that you found my blog and that you are doing my virtual 5K!

Amy @ Juice Boxes + Crayolas said...

New follower here! I'm definitely in! I'll post it on my blog tomorrow!

~K~ said...

I'm in! =)(I've been beating the heat in KY by getting up at the crack of dawn and running...I enjoy seeing the sunrise but i do NOT like starting when it's still darkish outside!)

Megan said...

http://craftyenglishteacher.blogspot.com/2011/09/virtual-5k-recap.html

RECAP! Thanks for hosting!

Darlene said...

I ran it today

33:38

myfirst5k.wordpress.com

Prudence said...

Here are my Garmin running stats from the Back to School Virtual 5K! I ran in the flood soaked state of Vermont! I don't have a blog (yet) so I can 't post there, but here it is! Thanks for the super cute bib! I took a picture , but I'm unsure how to attach it to a comment. FUN! FUN!
1 00:09:12 1.00 09:12
2 00:09:12 1.00 09:12
3 00:09:20 0.62 09:20
4 00:02:02 0.25 08:07
TOTAL: 29:46

~K~ said...

I ran your race and a labor day 5k race at the same time (if it's okay to let 'em overlap -- that way i know my time and distance are accurate!)
I ran Sept 5 and it was my fastest 5k ever - 22:17 - which was good enough for a 2nd place age group medal and my family says I was 3rd female overall. (Still waiting to see results online to know for sure. Small town event though -- maybe 100ish people or so?) It was a misty rainy day, but though I was pushing myself hard the whole way, I felt great. Love it when runs turn out that way! =)