Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blister Help!!!!

Okay runners out there. I have a huge question/favor! 

I have been running for almost 2 years and it will be 1 year in October since my first half marathon. So, I have a little experience, but I know there is so much more that I can learn over time.
The past couple of months I have been running here and there and I am now on a strict schedule for my half marathon training.

On my run today, the side/inside of my feet started to hurt, like a blister was forming, but I didn't do anything about it until I got home. Once home, I realized that I not only had one, but 2 blisters. I had one on each foot in almost the same exact place.

Here is my dilemma. I am not wanting to buy new shoes just yet, because I am getting ready for school and there are things I need to purchase before shoes and these do not even have that much milage on them. (Plus, I am debating about getting some vibrams. More on that later). I have already changed my socks...thicker, thinner, and everything in between. I have also checked my shoes and there is nothing in my shoe that would be rubbing my foot there. I have also tried blister band aids, but those fall off during my run.

Do you think I need to change the insole to a different one?....What would you suggest? 

I am seriously at a loss here and am not sure what to try! Anything suggestions I am willing to try! 


HELP!!!!!!!! 

7 comments:

runningechols said...

I'm no expert, but I use bodyglide on my feet in areas where blisters usually pop up for me. I used to get blisters during long runs really bad, and this has seemed to help.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I get blisters there sometimes in extreme humidity/heat just because I'm sweating so much. definitely try some kind of body glide there!

Heather said...

I use body glide and I also bought separate insoles for my shoes to help track my knees properly and help with my over pronation.

Rach @ This Italian Family said...

Oh girl, I'm no help to you at all since I'm not much of a runner. Hopefully you can get this figured out! Sounds painful. :(

Jenny said...

I am prone to blisters, no matter what shoe I'm in, once I get over 10 miles. I liberally apply sports shield (like it much better than body glide) before I put on my socks.

Monika C. said...

I agree with everyone else, it's most definitely the heat/sweat causing them. Maybe loosening your laces will help against the rubbing a bit... otherwise I'd go with the body glide stuff, even though I've never used it.

Jenny said...

Kayla - I buy the Sports Shield at RunningWarehouse.com (free shipping). I don't know if it's available in "real" stores - I haven't really looked. Here's what I get: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-2TOMROLL.html
I've also been looking at the powder, but haven't tried it yet: http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-2TOMP8.html