Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's off to work I go

This is going to be a little bit of rambling, so I hope you can stay with me. I know I have not blogged in a while, but I have been super busy!

So as you all know, I finally found a teaching job and I am so excited! I started yesterday in my new job and boy did we get our initiation into the school. We had to move over 150 desk from a trailor into the school. I think I made around 25+ trips up the stairs to bring over 75 desk up the stairs. Needless to say, I definetly got my workout in. On top of that, I also moved my desk, 2 bookshelves, a large filing cabinet and a smaller one as well as a bunch more desk and chairs into my room. Needless to say I was beyond tired and sore. Brian was there to help me, but it was still exhausting!!

The past couple of days, my hand has been killing me. I had my brother look at it on Sunday and he said it was probably some torn tissue and to just take it easy. Well that is easy to say, but not to do because I had to cut out so much lamination. I probably spent a total of 4 hours at least cutting lamination up. That made my hand hurt even worse. I noticed yesterday that it was swelling a little bit. So I put my big girl panties on and iced it and tried not to whine, but today, it starting hurting even worse whenever I put pressure on it. So tonight, I had my bro. look at it again and he said it wasn't torn tissue, but instead it was TENDONITIS!!!! (At the time, I thought only old people got this). I was sadly wrong. My bro. said that I just have over worked it to much and I needed to take it easy. I have a prescription to help with it as well as a hand brace. This should be interesting considering I have so much more stuff to move as well as to do to get my class ready!

Let's back up a little bit to a couple of weeks ago. I do not think I uploaded any of these pictures. I went to training for school in Dallas and these are just a few pictures from that.
I had an awesome kitchenette in my hotel room! 

I got to meet my AWESOME friend Alyssa. She just got back from being in the peace core in Grenada!  

Very yummy food from Le Madeline! 

I have never eaten here, so I was excited to try it out! 
I love me some fruit tart! 


I got to work out a couple of times that week
on the treadmill in the hotel! 
This past weekend, Brian and I went to Houston for a weekend getaway. I will have more pictures later from this, but this is all I had time to upload. Sorry this next picture is sideways. I did not have time to change them.
I got to visit Luke's Locker! I really like the store and I even
got to try on some Vibrams. I am hoping to buy some soon! 

Just chilling before the game! 

Enjoying out dinner at PF Changs! 
We also went to a few other places, but you will have to wait till later to see those pictures.

A couple of post ago, I said something about a new fro yo place they have here in town. Here is what it is called....
The Yogurt Spot
This place is so very good! I love it! We have only gotten to go once, but I want to go back soon!
I got Dulce De Leche with candy rocks and almonds! I want to try some with fruit next time, but this one was delicious!!
It was packed whenever we went that time. It had just opened that week, so it was full of people!
____________________________________________________________

On a running note. I ran 2 mi. on Mon., 3 mi. on Wed., 2 mi. on Thur. and 4 mi. on Sat. I haven't had a chance to run this week, but I am pretty sure I got my strength exercise in yesterday as well as my bleachers/running!

I hope everybody is having a great week!

Question: How many of you are going back to school/work/teaching this week? 
I started back on Monday and am working like crazy to get my classroom up and going! 

3 comments:

Monika @ Monika's Miles said...

I think we both know how much I love Luke's, so glad you got to go there! Sounds like a busy time for you, but hey - at least you're getting some "strength training" in here and there!

Keri @ Blue-Eyed Runner said...

Hi! I found you through Monika's Miles and I'm a teacher too! Congrats and good luck on your new teaching job!

Kayla said...

Thanks for coming to my blog Keri! What grade do you teach?