Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter, Birthday and Blackberry Time

This has been a crazy busy week for me! So much going on!  Read below and you will see why!!

Ever since I can remember from when I was a little girl I have always picked blackberries that are around my house. I love blackberries and especially when they are fresh! They are so good! That did not change anything this year. I went outside and saw so many blackberries that were ready to pick. I was so excited!!! Brian did not know that blackberries start out being RED, so whenever he saw me picking them, he said, "Wait, those are poisonous." hahahahahaha Silly city boy did not understand! haha

I started picking them and ended up with this....
yum yum yum!!!!
The next day I went and cleaned my brothers house and then babysat my nieces! I love watching them, because they are so much fun. I surprised them with a little Easter project.


Sorry they are sideways. We were stuffing eggs and they were relaxing from school!

Today, I surprised Brian with a little Easter gift.......
 He gets one egg each day. The biggest egg he got to open up today and guess what was inside.....
PEEPS!!! He loves peeps and he also likes the big egg! We decided to have a little fun with the eggs. haha


Milly was not a fan of being put inside of the egg.I think she is thinking, "What are you doing to me now?"

After I gave Brian his surprise we decided to die Easter eggs. We didn't get to do this last year, but now we can and I was so excited to do this. Brian said he mainly hunted plastic eggs growing up, but I always did plastic eggs and real eggs.








All the pretty colors waiting for the eggs to finish boiling.















 TJ and Milly really wanted to eat an egg. I gave one to them eventually!












I even got Brian in there to help me with the eggs. He was not a huge fan of this, but I had fun!


All of our pretty eggs. I was so proud of us for doing them.

Last, but not least, this past Monday was my birthday and Brian and I got to go out a couple of days later for that. We went to Saltgrass and then went and saw the movie Soul Surfer. It was a fabulous movie! I loved it!

We decided to have a little fun before the movie starts. "Who should I go to prom with?"

Brian got me a $25.00 to Barnes and Noble and some Cadbury bunny eggs. That is the great thing about having a birthday near Easter!
My sister-in-law Marci got me a new suit that I needed and took me out to lunch and then I got some jewerly, and some Banana Republic shirts from my mom and dad!
My other sister-in-law Karen got this for me.....





I love love love this purse! She did very good! 



Thank you Karen! Very good taste!













And last but not least, my father-in-law got me a bracelet from Haiti when he went on his mission trip.

 These bracelets are handmade by women in Haiti from paper that they roll together.


Here is the story from Haiti about these women.
Overall, my birthday was amazing! I have such a great family and do not know what I would do without them!
I am going to go run this evening and do my Jillian Michaels workout. Hopefully she doesn't beat me up to bad today! I hope everybody had as great a week as I did! It was amazing!

Remember what we are celebrating this weekend. We would not be here if it was not for ONE special person. Remember what HE did for you and I!

Happy Easter everybody!

6 comments:

Karen Seal said...

Glad you liked the purse! :0) Sounds like a fun and busy week/weekend!

Karen Seal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kayla said...

haha Thank you! It has been. I am taking pictures for my church tomorrow! Have a great weekend dress shopping!

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

Sounds like a fun week! I love the really big Easter egg--I've never seen a plastic one so big. And happy belated birthday!
:)

Kayla said...

We got the big plastic egg at Hobby Lobby! I love it too! Thank you!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm jealous you got to decorate eggs - we didn't this year, and I missed it. Happy Belated Birthday!!!